Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seven Layer Salad

This is a recipe from my mom. I love recipes from her. She knows me well. You will see her little inserts that she puts in there for me because she knows I have no clue. I love it. I call her standing in the middle of the grocery all of the time saying, where do I find this or what is this food? hahaha


Instead of cooking my own bacon I use the bacon bits you can buy. Also, I sprinkle a packet of ranch dressing mix on top of the mayonnaise. I use frozen peas and just run them under some warm water to thaw, do not cook them. You can layer in any way you want, just end up with mayo on top (you can sprinkle some more cheese on top).


Ingredients:
6 cups chopped lettuce
2 tb sugar
8 ounces bacon (or bacon bits)
2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
6 cooked eggs sliced
salt and pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups frozen peas
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 Ranch dressing packet

Preparation: Place three cups of the lettuce in bottom of large bowl or casserole dish and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer egg slices in bowl and lightly sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Continue to layer vegetables in this order: peas, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, along with light sprinklings of salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and sugar; spread over top, spreading to edge of bowl 2 cover entire salad. Sprinkle Ranch packet over mayo. Cover and chill up to 24 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onion.

--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment