Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homemade Pot Pie

I have made this 3 or 4 times at home. It is yummy and so easy! Waiting for it to bake is the hard part while it smells so good.


Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
I boil 4 to 6 chicken breasts, depends on how much chicken you want, cut into pieces

Mix
Chicken (Instead of going through the pain of boiling the chicken forever, I buy two cans of white chicken meat - Tyson's I think)
Cream of mushroom
1 cup broth
drain the carrots and peas (I get the can that has them combined)
I also use a can of sliced potatoes drained
1/2 to 1 cup of grated cheese
You also need a package of pastry/pie crusts - usually in a box located in the refrigerated section with cookie dough and canned biscuits.
Place one crust in the pie pan, pour all other ingredients into pan then top with other crust. Mash edges of crust together and make small slits in top crust to allow it to vent. Place on cookie sheet in case it bubbles out during cooking.


- From Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment