Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PORK CHOPS AND RICE DISH

I am all about using garlic or union powder instead of the real thing. I don't like all of the eye watering and smell that lasts for hours on your hands. I am not a big fan of peppers either. So, I think for this recipe, I left off the green pepper and used onion powder instead.


6 pork chops
1 c. uncooked rice (I used minute rice)
3 c. hot water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lg. onion, chopped fine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 to 1 lg. green pepper, sliced thin


Trim fat from pork chops and brown on both sides.
In a 2-quart casserole dish, mix rice, water, salt, pepper, onion, soup and green pepper. Arrange pork chops on top. Cover with foil. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until chops and rice are done. Can substitute chicken breast and cream of chicken soup for pork chops and cream of mushroom soup.

-From www.cooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment