Sunday, August 23, 2009

Taco Lasagna

Please pay attention to note at the end. Also, I used about another 1/4 cup of taco sauce than the recipe calls for. And I don't think I used 10 tortillas, I think I only used 8 or 9. And if you use the biggest size tortilla, it's a little too much.

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 c. chopped green pepper
4.5 oz. can green chilies
2.5 oz. package taco seasoning
2 c. taco sauce
3 c. Colby/jack cheese
10 flour tortillas

Brown beef. Add onion, pepper, chilies and taco seasoning. Spread ½ c. of the taco sauce in the bottom of a coated 9x13 pan. Layer with 5 of the tortillas, folded in half to fit across the dish. Layer with ½ of meat mixture, 1 c. of the taco sauce, 1-1/2 c. of the cheese; repeat. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. (I used minced onion instead of chopped onion and a pepper seasoning blend instead of chopped pepper. I put the can of chilies in the blender so they were not chunky. I think I also used 4 cups of cheese instead of 3.)

--Becky B.

No comments:

Post a Comment