I made my notes in Pink for what I did to them instead.
Easy Black Bottom Cupcakes (The Devil’s Cupcakes)
Original Recipe Yield 2 dozen cupcakes
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix package. Line muffin pans with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as specified on the box. In separate bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar. Make sure mixture is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips *I meant to use mini chips, but I picked up the wrong bag*.
2. Fill the cupcake papers 1/3 full with the chocolate cake mix. Top with the cream cheese mixture. Bake according to box instructions (19-20 minutes) or until the cream cheese mixture just starts to turn a light golden color. *I dropped a spoon of the cream cheese mixture in the chocolate mix, so that it would bake up around it. I didn’t use it for the icing. I made homemade cream cheese icing. Recipe below.*
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup of melted butter *I forget if this is the whole stick, but I used a whole stick of butter*
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- One 1 pound box of confectioners' sugar *I used 3 cups of confectioners’ sugar, which is 1 ½ lbs.*
Combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla, mixing well. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well until smooth. Spread on cooled cupcakes.*You can do less confectioners’ sugar, but it will be more cream cheese tasting. I wanted mine creamier.*